Installing Bradford Anticon under your metal roof also helps reduce unwanted noise from heavy rain and other sources by up to 13dB.
The glasswool blanket is manufactured by spinning molten glass, containing up to 65% recycled content, into fine wool like fibres. These are bonded together using a thermosetting resin. The Bradford Thermofoil facing extends 150mm beyond one longitudinal edge of the blanket to provide an overlap when installed. The product can be identified by its golden appearance and foil facing.
Features and Benefits
- Keeps homes and buildings cooler in summer, prevents heat loss in winter
- Reduces rain noise
- Provides effective condensation control
- Reduces overall building energy usage
- Can be custom cut to required length to reduce waste and installation time
- Available in a range of thicknesses to meet the BCA Energy Efficiency Provision
- Made from biosoluble formulation
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- Environmentally sound – made from up to 65% recycled content
Applications of Anticon
Anticon Roofing Blanket is designed to provide efficient thermal insulation and condensation control under metal deck, fiber cement and concrete roofs in residential or commercial applications. The name “Anticon” reflects the anti-condensation function of this product. Combining glasswool and reflective insulation in a single product, Bradford Anticon has been specifically designed to provide superior thermal insulation, noise reduction and condensation control for metal roofs. Anticon is designed to reduce rain and aircraft noise and can also substantially reduce reverberant noise within the building.
Typical Applications include;
- Residential metal clad roofs.
- Commercial and Industrial metal clad and fibre cement roofs eg, offices, shopping centres, warehouses etc.
- Under concrete slabs in carparks.
Bradford Anticon is available in a variety of thicknesses and facings to suit your project needs.
- Reflective Foil Laminate (RFL) – reflective facing foil, specifically designed to act as a vapour control layer and contribute a reflective air-gap R-Value. Available in various duty grades; Light (LD), Medium (MD) and Heavy (HD).
- Antiglare (AG) – Antiglare foil facing specifically developed for use in the northern States of Australia. These products have an antiglare foil installed in an upwards direction to allow installation in direct sunlight, available in Medium (MD) and Heavy (HD).
|Product||Material R-Value1||Thickness (mm)||Width (mm)||Length (m)2||Facing|
|Anticon 60||R1.3||60||1200 or 1400||15 or 20 (LD, MD, HD)||LD, MD, HD, AG MD or HD|
|Anticon 70||R1.4||70||1200||15 or 20||LD|
|Anticon 80||R1.8||80||1200||15||LD, MD, HD, AG MD or HD|
|Anticon 90||R2.0||90||1200||15 (LD & MD) or 10 (HD)||LD, MD, HD|
|Anticon 100||R2.3||100||1200||10||LD, MD, HD, AG MD or HD|
|Anticon 100 HP3||R2.5||100||1200||10||LD, MD, HD|
|Anticon 110||R2.5||110||1200||10||LD, MD, HD|
|Anticon 130||R3.0||130||1200||10||LD, MD, HD, AG MD or HD|
|Anticon 140||R3.3||140||1200||7.5||LD, MD|
|Anticon 145||R3.6||145||1200||7.5||LD, MD|
Notes: 1 Material R-value refers to the base Glasswool blanket only, as tested in accordance with AS/NZS4589.1. The overall system or total R-value is dependent on the type of construction. For guidance on full system performance refer to the DesignSmart On-Line calculator at www.bradfordinsulation.com.au/designsmart or the ICANZ Thermal Insulation handbook available from www.bradfordinsulation.com.au or contact your Bradford office.
2 Custom cut-to-length (CTL) are available by request to reduce waste and installation time.
3 HP- Bradford Anticon High Performance Roofing Blanket is a higher density 14kg/m3 Glasswool blanket is specified in applications similar to Bradford Anticon roofing blanket, but where roof space is limited and a thinner, higher performing insulation blanket is needed to achieve the required R-value.